Friday 22 August 2014

Parky on Betaville

Betaville has made it into Gary Parkinson's stock market report today as being the original source of the story behind China Mobile's interest in Vodafone.

Here is a link to the column in The Timeshttp://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/markets/article4183597.ece

Whilst I am grateful and honoured that little old Betaville warrants a mention in the The Times by Gary Parkinson - who, by the way, is probably one of the best stock market reporters around - I would just like to make a small clarification.

I actually broke the story about China Mobile's interest in buying a stake in Vodafone in the Mail on Sunday's business section back in January before I had set up Betaville. Here is a link to the piece: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2545991/Chinese-state-backed-telecom-giant-looks-buying-Vodafone-stake.html

And if you read the original article it talks about China Mobile's historical interest in buying a stake of up to 20pc in Vodafone rather than this being a live takeover deal.

Now, my understanding was that the massive Chinese company studied the transaction about this time last year and into the early Autumn of 2013. However, that was before Vodafone sold its stake in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion to Verizon.

I have no new information on the situation, so I have no idea whether the stories that appeared in today's market report columns are true or not.

Also, I realise I mentioned I was working on a story to do with Vodafone on Tip TV last week but I am no closer to publishing the article, so apologies if that may have confused loyal readers.

It's all fun in the fair, though. Have a great bank holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment