Thursday 16 April 2015

Burmese business

Ping - an email arrives with the headline: "in the land of the internet virgins".

Now, before readers start to get the wrong idea let me explain this email contains one of the first bits of equity research on a company based in Myanmar, which has been emerging from five decades of military dictatorship.

In fact, Harriet Agnew over at the Financial Times wrote a piece a few weeks ago on the business - MySQUAR, Myanmar's only social media platform - and its plans to raise $2.5 million by floating on London's AIM market. Here is a link to Harriet's excellent piece:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d6811094-cf25-11e4-b761-00144feab7de.html#axzz3XSvxb1aI

Anyway, this note has been written by Beaufort Securities, broker to MySQUAR, as part of the IPO roadshow, which is expected to start next week, according to my source.

The note is interesting but rather long, so I have pasted the summary below:

MySquar is a technology Group focussed on internet-content build in Myanmar. In the online world timing, of course, is everything. The Group has quite clearly seized the country’s ‘first mover’ advantage but also, seemingly uniquely, has recognised that offering local language and locally-derived content, is the only route to acquisition and retention of massed users still very new to the worldwide web. Within a short 15 months its services will be accessible by over 40m residents. MySQUAR is positioned to be the local platform of choice in what will shortly become southeast Asia’s fastest growing online territory. 
Myanmar is unique. Amongst the world’s 25 most populous countries, it is the last major territory to emerge from an extended period of enforced isolationism. In 2011, a pro-democracy government wrested power from a series of military juntas that had contrived to suffocate and intellectually deprive a young, but surprisingly literate population, similar in size to the UK, for the previous 50 years. 

With a view to rapidly propelling the nation into the twenty-first century, a series of economic and political reforms are now being implemented. Importantly, this includes opening up hitherto domestic monopolies and key markets to international investors. With this in mind, it has recognised that a comprehensive, high speed, nationwide and competitive 3G mobile network is one of the keys to rapidly unlocking the country’s potential. 

A rigorous and transparent ‘beauty parade’ saw two 15-year licences allocated to international telcos (Norway’s Telenor and Qatar-based Ooredoo), alongside the incumbent Myanmar Posts and Telecommunications (‘MPT’) and second domestic licensee, Yatanarpon Teleport Co. (‘YPT’). MPT has since announced a development and technology partnership with Japan’s KDDI and Sumitomo Corporation. 

Without the encumbrance of legacy equipment, technology and cabling, Myanmar is positioned to take one mighty leap from being the world’s third least penetrated mobile market (summer 2013) to having 75% to 80% national 3G/4G-ready coverage by March 2016 (Government target). Tumbling prices of both Android-based smartphones and SIM cards will clearly see Myanmar’s population of ‘internet virgins’ shortly undertake a very rapid catch up with the rest of the APAC. 

If the first task is to recognise the available scale of this ‘land grab’ opportunity, the second must be to understand exactly how to capture and engender loyalty within a dramatically expanding and hungry online user base. There is clearly much more to making content relevant to a local, hitherto isolated population, than simply generic translation of what to them are largely irrelevant western files. Taking a cue from its more developed neighbours, MySQUAR has recognised that localisation is the route to rapid acquisition, loyalty and monetisation of massed users in APAC territories still new to the World Wide Web. Having seized first-mover advantage and created a ‘bullet proof’, bespoke platform, MySquar is developing as the venue of choice within Myanmar’s dramatically expanding mobile ecosystem. 

User acquisition has already started to inflate dramatically. Realistically, MySQUAR is positioned to capture and retain as much as 30% of the country’s total connected population as early as 2019, as its social networking and gaming offer expands to include a standard portfolio of news, information, financial and payment services. The value of MySQUAR’s opportunity, in what is set to become southeast Asia’s fastest expanding online territory, will then become quite considerable.

15 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEST AVAILABLE WAY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM {upstoxfunding@yahoo.com}
      Are you looking for financial freedom? Are you in debt, you need a loan to start a new business? Or you collapse financially, do you need a loan to buy a car or a house? Have you ever been rejected by your bank in ever finance? You want to improve your financial? You need a loan to pay off your bills pay off? No more looking, we welcome you for an opportunity to get all types of loans at a very affordable 3% interest rate for others. For information, contact us now by email at: {upstoxfunding@yahoo.com}

      Do you have a bad credit? Do you need money to pay bills? Is it necessary to start a new business? Do you have an unfinished project due to poor funding? Do you need money to invest in any specialty that will benefit you? And you do not know what to do. We offer the following loans;both Personal loans [secure and unsecured], Business loans [secure and unsecured] ,combination loans ,Student loans,Consolidation loans and so many others.

      Company name: UPSTOX FUNDING
      Company Email: upstoxfunding@yahoo.com
      Text/Call :(302) 273-5794.

      Delete

  2. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company
    I am Mrs.Voveniy Edith I live in Singapore I am from India i was in need of a loan of S$100,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to IBRAHIM MUSA,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at powerfinance7@gmail.com

    Email Kindly Contact: powerfinance7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a loan or funding for any reason such as
    a) Personal Loan, Business Expansion,
    b) Business Start-up, Education,
    c) Debt Consolidation
    d) Hard Money Loans
    loan for any thing ?

    (1) Your name. ..
    (2) Your country ..
    (3) your address ..
    (4) Your marital status ..
    (5) Telephone number ..
    (6) Monthly income ..
    (7) Loan amount ..
    (8) Loan duration ..

    contact us via: andreasjamesfunds@outlook.com for more details

    urgent reply please

    Mr Andrea James

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Mrs.Sandra Bents from Germny, God has bless me with two kids and a loving husband, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life,2months ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be a loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 2,000USD from me and refuse to email me since. then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to Court after the Case of my friend I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to ERIVAN LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 50,000USD by MR ERIVAN , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF ERIVAN LOAN COMPANY . so I collected his email Address ,he told me the roles and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 30,000 POUNDS .you can contact him on via email : (erivanloancompany@yahoo.com) I am sure he will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%. However, our method offers the possibility to specify the amount of the loan needed and also the duration you can afford it, gives you a real Chance to get the funds you need! contact us via email: ds.kanke@gmail.com

    Contact us via E-mail: ds.kanke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get a Loan Today At 3% Interest Rate, contact us at:stellamorrisloanfirm@gmail.com

    Welcome to STELLA MORRIS LOAN FIRM, This is a legit loan Company, formed to help individuals who are in need of financial crises and help them achieve their goals in life.

    Available Loans we offer are,

    1. Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    2. Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    3. Combination Loan
    4. Consolidation Loan And Many More:

    Interested clients should please send request to our email for application form and terms. Try and see for your self, our wonderful services that does not exceed working days for loan processing and just only (1)hour 35 minutes of loan Transfer.

    EMAIL---[ stellamorrisloanfirm@gmail.com ]

    Warm Regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are in the business of making others rich within the shortest period of time. come get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $30,000.Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal, there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : firstbankpl09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone i am urgently looking for positive investment opportunities and running business partnerships to invest in i have available required investment capital and looking for any investment opportunities to invest in like a silent partner i need serious business investment opportunities with positive income generating value i am looking more on long term partnership investments which have good profit margin and need additional capital for expansion . I mind i am looking forward to receiving all kind of proposals big and small for i have close to $25,000,000 (Twenty Five Million United States Dollars ) Ready to invest in businesses which need expansion since am investing like a silent partner .We are not offering any loans we are investing our money in businesses .
    Email :samuel.motsepe70@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Testimony On How My Life was Transform through the help of a Godsent Lender.. Hello everyone, I am Kathie SANKET by name, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Dr Abdallah did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 3%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Dr Abdallah via email:(Abdallah.afandi@financier.com) and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie SANKET from New York USA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you need a loan to consolidate your debt? Are you in need of a loan to finance or expand your business? or for car purchase, buying a
    house and other personal loans ETC we give long term loan for five to fifty years maximum with 3% interest. You are 100% Guaranteed. contact us via email reply to email ( Payoneercardservice@gmail.com )

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS:
    Full Name:________________________
    Country:_________________________
    State:__________________________
    Sex:____________________________
    Date of Birth:______________________
    Home Address:______________________
    Amount Needed:______________________
    Loan Duration:_______________________
    Cell Phone:_________________________
    Monthly income:____________________
    Purpose for Loan:___________________
    Occupation:_________________________

    reply to email ( Payoneercardservice@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you looking for a business loan, personal loans, mortgages, car
    loans, student loans, debt consolidation loans, unsecured loans, risk
    capital, etc. ... You are in the right place
    Your loan solutions! I am a private lender who lends
    Individuals and businesses at a low interest rate and affordable
    Interest rate of 3%. Contact us by email: andreasjamesloanfuonds11@outlook.com

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    **********************
    Your full name:
    Country/State:
    Loan Amount:
    Duration
    Phone:
    Monthly income:
    Occupation:

    Awaiting your swift response.
    May God bless you.
    Mr Andres James
    Andres James funds Service
    Contact Us At : andreasjamesloanfuonds11@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete