Friday 13 May 2016

AAC Capital said to consider £100 million plus sale of Dunlop Aviation Tyres

The former buy-out arm of ABN Amro is weighing a £100 million plus sale of one of Britain's oldest manufacturing businesses.

City sources said AAC Capital, which used to be part of Dutch bank ABN Amro, asked corporate finance advisers to pitch for a sell side mandate a couple of years ago but up until now the private equity firm has waited for the right moment to begin the sale process.

According to one source, corporate financiers from NM Rothschild have now been picked to run an auction of the business, which may take place later this year. AAC Capital declined to comment.

Bankers reckon the company could be worth between £100 million and £150 million.

Dunlop Aircraft Tyres supplied the wartime Spitfire fleet and is the last part of the former Dunlop Rubber company operating at the Fort Dunlop site in Birmingham.

Last year the Financial Times reported that Dunlop Aircraft Tyres was working on one of its biggest orders - to supply tyres for the Boeing C-17 Globetrotter III military transport aircraft used by the US and UK military.

Here is the link to last year's FT piece on the company which has plenty of detail and colour about the business:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/347d3f40-5317-11e5-8642-453585f2cfcd.html#axzz48IDjmNx4

I guess the Chinese could be interested in Dunlop Aircraft Tyres given China has been pursuing large deals in the tyre manufacturing industry, such as Pirelli. However, there may "political issues" with regards to a sale of Dunlop Aviation Tyres to China Inc.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Lakewood Financial Institutions is at it again, we give loan to both local and international client in need of a loan. And we give @ 2% rate to all client, so you can contact us via E-mail, lakewook_financialinstitutions@consultant.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing And Trusted Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... well if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call/sms on: +18168926958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime late September last year, I needed help for a bring back love spell after reading great reviews on Dr. Wakina and his love spell. I had a situation which I desperately needed a supernatural help on, every physical efforts made to rescue my husband has always failed. My husband stopped loving and caring for me and our children after 7 years of happy home. He did so much wrong to me, I encountered so many domestic violence from him, he turned into a professional liar, and the worst of all, and he started using drugs and alcohol. I couldn’t bear his torture anymore when he wanted a divorce. I couldn’t afford to lose my husband to a strange spirit, I knew him to be a loving man before we got married, but I didn’t know what came over him.
    Doctor Wakina love spell was so great and powerful, my estranged husband’s attitude and urge for evil changed just after 8 days of the completion of the love spell. The reasons why I can recommend Dr. Wakina to anyone are, his love spell is real and it works, Doctor wakina don’t cast love spell that is against anyone’s wish and his love spell lasts for eternity. I have been observing my husband’s behavior for more than 9 months, he is still the same, he has never stopped loving me again, the love keep growing each day and we keep prospering with the blessings that follows Doctor Wakina’s love spell. That’s the reason why I can recommend him to anyone event to my worst enemy… to email him via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it is no longer a news that Dr.Ogudugu is the best spell caster. Ana Rauzan is my name and i have read good reviews about Dr.Ogudugu before i contacted him through these details via greatogudugu@gmail.com which i took from the internet. I was so shocked when Dr.Ogudugu told me that once he cast the spell that i will be promoted in my Place of work within 48 hours and i was wondering how that could be possible but i must say i became the most happiest person on earth when i was really promoted in the office as the top Manager of the Company i work with, since then i have been a devoted follower of DR.OGUDUGU because he has never fail me, not even for once.

    ReplyDelete