Thursday 22 May 2014

The dealmaker, the bank and the missing skyscraper - part 3

The missing skyscraper story I did last week looks like it is really starting to heat up.

Readers may recall my sources told me a Credit Suisse banker was involved in putting together the Herstmere House project, a plan to build a £1 billion, 74-story residential skyscraper in Canary Wharf that vanished into thin air along with its mystery Irish property developer.

Here is a link to the original article I published: http://betaville123.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-dealmaker-bank-and-missing.html

This week I have received copies of a letter (see below) from Hans-Olav Eldring, the Credit Suisse banker, guaranteeing EURO 150 million to Brova Consulting Limited, a Portuguese company. My sources tell me Brova was also involved financing the Herstmere House project.

Credit Suisse and Brova declined to comment on the letter while Mr Eldring still hasn't come back to me from the last time I tried to give him the opportunity to comment.  



UPDATE: It's worthwhile keeping an eye on this Hans-Olav Eldring story as I hear from new sources that there are plenty more colourful tales that will come out over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment