Friday 6 March 2015

Not another Weir Group story...

I have been getting a lot of calls this morning about Weir Group. Yes, Weir Group - the company that went berserk on me last year after I outed its interest in buying/merging with Finnish rival Metso.

Anyway, if I am completely honest I haven't heard anything recently about Weir Group, so I can't corroborate the gossip in the market about interest from a US private equity firm. If you are looking for the original source of the gossip I suggest reading the market reports from Geoff Foster or Oscar Williams-Grut.

Here are the links:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2981518/MARKET-REPORT-Rumours-abound-cash-rich-private-equity-group-offer-Weir-Group.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/sharewatch/market-report-schroders-snaps-up-a-52-per-cent-stake-in-mysale-10089750.html

The only thing I can add to the recent speculation is that in the past bankers have mentioned to me US rival pump maker Flowserve Corporation would be a good fit with Weir Group.

However, I have absolutely no idea whether Flowserve is currently looking at Weir Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment